Wednesday, January 19, 2011

random early December

  • I feel like I can't move on to present day until I get a few pictures off my computer! With that said, I picked out a few of my favorite pre-France, early December random pictures. (Grandparents, you are welcome) :)

  • I don't know what to call this. Help, please? All I can say is we do NOT lack for personality around here.

Here is blue-eyes herself. Based on how she's dressed in this picture, I can't believe I took this in early December. These days Trinity is running around like a sumo wrestler dressed in 3 layers all day long. It got COLD here. Well, cold for us. It's only like 45 degrees outside. But like, 52 degrees inside our house. I wish I was kidding. No central heat + concrete apartment = multiple layers. When we first decorated for Christmas, Grace wanted to sleep with her stocking that night.

On the night of December 13, I suddenly realized Grace was now 4 and a HALF! She's been so excited to be 4 and a HALF. So we celebrated with a little half-birthday hot chocolate. And I think it was her first ever hot chocolate. (I KNOW, what is wrong with me?) She was thrilled. We sang to her, we colored a picture of a cake. That was about it. But OH, to be four and a HALF!? Now, that's something in her book.
Don't they look like they actually want to make cookies here? One of them really did help. The other just looked super cute in her purple apron.
These sweet girls really got into the decorating at our cookie-making party! This picture is one of my favorites because my child looks like a local on so many levels: the locally-bought sweatshirt, the victory sign, the abundance of hair accessories...
This friend wanted to learn how to make cookies and has some fun plans for getting her very own easy-bake oven, er, I mean real oven sold here which may or may not resemble an easy bake. I love my 2 easy bakes. Put together they add up to half a standard size oven.
After our cookie party, Trinity watched me wash dishes and then decided to "wash" a few herself. I promise, she was at this for half an hour.
And this one is posted just because I like it...
And now, perhaps I will start blogging from 2011.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that you can now get closure on 2010. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures. My heart hurts from wanting to hug you guys. (Notice the "you guys?" I listen when Grace and now Trinity talks to us and calls us "guys.")
Papa Jim

Valerie said...

I love the random, and I'm not even a grandparent! ;)

Anonymous said...

What fun to get these pictures tonight and see things you told us about like the cookie-baking party! Hadn't heard about the half birthday and hot chocolate. though. So sweet. I love the way Grace poses with her arms around Trinity, too.
Granna

Anonymous said...

How lovely to see random pictures of the granddaughters. Nana