Sunday, March 3, 2013

The long break

I might as well start from today. Too much has happened in the last six months to share it all, but here's to recording a little bit of it on the old, dusty blog. We had a fabulous time in America. Fabulous, I tell you. We did nearly everything we wanted to do as a family. We didn't get to SEE everyone we wanted to see, but we loved catching up with family and with as many friends as we could. My kids now know all their cousins and refer to them frequently. We made dear new friends at our home base in Arlington (hello home school buddies!) We joined the library, went on 124 visits to the park, ate too much food, and had a white Christmas in Texas. Kevin and I even went on a cruise together, for crying out loud. What's not to love about that?

But for this season, our home is in Asia. And it was good to get back. Truthfully, there have been some serious struggles in our last 7 weeks since getting home. But the Father hasn't released us from this country. I am thankful that is very clear. In the last seven weeks Kevin has traveled on several trips, we visited a friend in her village, we took a family trip to another province, the entire country celebrated the Lunar New Year, Grace and I went to a home school conference, Kevin got a 3rd degree burn on his hand (ouch!), and we've taken turns getting sick. This past week was the first "normal" week we've had in a while. It was glorious!

In all the transition, my girls have rolled with the punches like pros. Grace and Trinity are such a daily joy to Kevin and me. I am in a stage of motherhood where I enjoy my kids like I never have before. Perhaps the fact that everyone sleeps through the night and goes to the potty on their own helps a little, too. Trinity turns four years old this week and I keep lamenting the fact that I no longer have a "baby" in the house. I do a little fake cry for her and tell her I'm so sad she's not a baby, to which she laughs and looks very proud to be a big girl.

So now that I've shaken off the dust, I plan to blog a little more. It helps me process what's going on in our lives. Thanks for checking in.





2 comments:

Katie Buchok said...

I really wish you were in Arlington! Aaron and I are living in Mansfield!

Anonymous said...

thoroughly enjoyed the update... & the honesty.
as usual, i was blessed by your words.
thank you for your friendship.
thankful Dad put us on the same continent! ;)
(((HUGS)))
~jdavis2