Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're finishing up Thanksgiving in Asia and thinking of you in the US as you begin the day. Hope it's a great one! We've had a really fun day. Some friends of ours had 5 family members come to visit, and they brought all sorts of traditional food from the States. They made an absolute feast and hosted over 40 people. I'm telling you, they worked their fingers to the bone! I felt down-right guilty that I got off so easy this year, only making a pumpkin pie and bringing drinks. But it was such a special time, and after we ate each of us shared what we are thankful for. There truly was a sweet spirit there. It's amazing how you become "instant family" with folks when you live together overseas.

It's true, we should be thankful everyday. But I'm glad we have a day to be reminded of that which we so often take for granted.

Sending love from Asia!



3 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I love it that you guys still celebrate! I am certain that your Asian pumpkin pie was delicious. And as always, Grace is a doll. I am thankful for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, it's fun getting this note and pictures in Nashville tonight. I wish we could all be together, but am thankful that we live in the day of internet with webcam, blogs, etc., and can feel closer than thousdands of miles away! We love you!! Mom

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD!