Saturday, January 26, 2008

perhaps my most random post ever

It seems I'm quite the slacker at blogging lately. Probably because there hasn't been too much worth blogging. We've been dealing with the normal winter sicknesses and are ready to head south on Tuesday for warmer weather! Our winter is not really all that cold (we've been in the low 40's), but with no central heating and with our little concrete-block apartment, it feels like we live in a refrigerator! I've been living in my bathrobe at home (for warmth!), and tonight I could see my breath in my kitchen.

But, our highlight over the past week definitely was getting to see Uncle Larry and Aunt Jeanette! They came to visit their son (Kevin's cousin) Jeff and his wife Amy. The other day, Kevin went traveling with them all, and they ended up at a "monkey park" of sorts. Apparently, these monkeys are CRAZY and will come and steal anything out of your pockets. Everyone had to make sure they didn't put their hands in their pockets or there would be trouble from a hyper monkey. Here's Kevin feeding some of them.

The tour guide gave her speech, then in English would declare herself, "monkey mommy." She apparently was quite the personality, giving all sorts of karaoke presentations while on the boat ride. Who couldn't use a little karaoke with their monkey tour?
Very random, but aren't these countryside girls too cute?
The other morning, Grace woke up but didn't want to get out of bed. She just wanted me to bring each and every baby doll/stuffed animal she owned so she could put them in her bed! I really am amazed every day at what's coming out of her mouth. She can count and put sentences together now in both languages.
And lastly, yesterday we had a surprise party for Amy's 24th birthday! It was girls' night out, and I had more fun than I've had in a long time. It included Japanese food, pedicures, chocolate cake, and hot coffee WHILE we were having our pedicures. It was quite fun!
I think that concludes the random tour through our week. I hope to be blogging next from sunny Thailand!!

3 comments:

Patricia & Pat Godin said...

Random thoughts regarding your week are good. So I have permission to be random in response. Kevin looks like a giant at the monkey park. Grace has accumulated quite a few babies and she cannot sleep with all at the same time in that bed. Finally, nice looking pedicures. Fun. Mom Godin

kristen lewis said...

You know what we are missing in the US of A? Monkey parks. That's what we need- more monkey parks! I love Asia! And I love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey. I'm at Gram's catching her up on the last three blogs. We've loved getting to tour "your world" tonight. Have a terrific time in Thailand and let the random ramblings roll whenever you can! We love you!