Thursday, March 20, 2008

time to celebrate

And now we take a break from all things Asian-focused to celebrate with those we love dearly in America. Here are a few things we're excited about:
  • Today is my dad's birthday. Everyone in blogland, say "Happy Birthday, Jim Gerlt!" We love you Dad (aka Papa) and look forward to celebrating with you in person next spring.
  • My sister Angela's 3rd child, baby Ava, will be making her debut in May. Can't wait to meet her! Fortunately, Ava will still be small when we get to meet her next fall, so we won't miss out too much on that baby stage.
  • My brother, Chad, just got a major promotion and is now owner/operator of a Chick-Fil-A store in Oklahoma City. We're so proud of you, Chad, and Erin too! (His wife Erin was also a part of the interview process.)
  • My best friend, Kristen, is pregnant with baby #2, and I could not be more thrilled that I'll get to be in Lubbock, USA when this baby is born. PERFECT timing. I missed out when her firstborn Carter arrived, so I have much catching up to do.
  • And last but not least, Mom and Dad Godin arrive to our city this coming Tuesday, and Kevin's sister Kimberly is flying all the way from North Africa a week later! Yay for family who will travel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday, Jim Gerlt!"
Yeah for happiness which comes in the form of family & friends...
Always happy to rejoice with you!!!
:) ~jdavis2

kristen lewis said...

Awww, I made the blog with your real family! I sure do love you. Happy Birthday, Papa Jim! Live it up with the Godin crew! Can't wait for October. . .