Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's weekend has turned out quite memorable this year. Friday night the church had a Parents' Night Out, so Kevin and I went on a date to a fancy restaurant. What a treat! I have to say that between the grandparents and our local church, I'm getting very spoiled with childcare. This weekend has also been fun because my brother's kids Max, Anna Kate, and Jake are in town. Chad and Erin are on a business trip, so Granna and Papa Jim are taking care of them until Monday when they will go visit Erin's parents for a few days. Grace is having an absolute BLAST with her cousins. Also, my first cousins Michele and Laura flew into town this weekend, so Granna planned a big family Valentine's party. I have gone a little picture-happy as you can see below. Here we are getting ready to take Grace to Parents' Night Out... Grace has been very affectionate with us this week. Maybe somehow she knows life's about to change for her! pretend pouty-face
And, I had a funny (ok, I thought it was an odd) conversation with my doctor this week in which he encouraged me to document my belly more in pictures. He said most women are glad they did. The belly is getting enormous. It's running into things. Stares and comments abound these days. I can't believe baby girl will be here in less than 20 days!
My two valentines
Here are the kiddos ready to eat lunch so they can get on with the Valentine's party!!
But before that, we had to have some tickle-fighting
and piggy-back riding
Granna and Max with one of his gifts
Grace was thrilled to get a Dora crown
Jake had fun at the table with his new toy, too. You should see this 2 year old on a razor scooter; he's amazing!
Pretty ladies Laura, Granna, Aunt Carolyn, and Gram
Anna Kate was excited to help Granna make the Valentine's cupcakes last night
cousin Michele, Grace, Anna Kate, and cousin Laura at the party
There was lots of activity to behold today! A great time was had by all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one serious Valentines Day party! Love your belly shot. You are so beautiful!

Patricia & Pat Godin said...

It looks as if you had a grand time with all the people at grana's and papa's house for Valentine's Day. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Mom/Dad Godin

O Fam said...

I love all the pics!! You DO look beautiful! Can't believe you are less than 20 days, won't be long now.

Erin said...

Oh, thank you thank you thank you for the pictures! It did my heart good to see my kiddos having such a great time. How fun! Wish we could have been there!

Love you guys-

kristen lewis said...

This looks like so much fun, and you look gorgeous. You make pregnant look good!

ashley said...

you look gorgeous! can't wait to meet the new little one!

Michael Born said...

you are the cutest pregnant girl ever!!! What fun pictures!!!