Sunday, February 22, 2009

baby shower

Well, I'm feeling really blessed this evening by the fun shower my dear Kristen and her momma Peggy threw for us today. Thank you ladies for making this happen! Kristen's house looked beautiful, and even though she's had an extremely busy week, everything was perfect. Being in transition and getting ready to move back to Asia creates some interesting nesting challenges, but I've been amazed at how God's provided everything (and more) that we need even during this interim time with baby girl. Thanks to my sister Angela and friends Kristen and Summer, I've been loaned maternity clothes, baby clothes, a car seat, stroller, baby bath and even a swing to use in these months before we head back. Talk about provisions! And today was definitely the icing on the cake. It seems like baby girl clothes are getting even cuter than they were a few years ago when Grace was born. Some of my mom's co-workers stopped by today. They gave my mom a thoughtful gift of an hour with photographer Cassandra so my girls can have pictures made with Granna and Papa Jim!
Cuties Katelyn and Haley were dressed alike today...they have a baby brother coming in a few weeks, too!
my sweet Aunt Carolyn
These two girls (and yes, I think we're still girls) were both in my wedding. Kristen's baby Evyn was born in October and Kristin M. (on the right) gave birth to twin boys 6 weeks ago! It was a real treat to get to see Kristin M. for the first time in nearly 5 years!
My wonderful hostesses, Peggy and Kristen, and the amazing wonder-baby Evyn. Really, she's the most laid-back baby I've ever met. And, I will admit, we're praying for a laid-back baby this go-around too!
My mom - I have no idea what I'd do without her
Mom and Michelle
Here's Rendi and her cutie McKenna. Rendi went to HSU and lived on my hall when I was an RA, and a few months ago we met again at church! Such a small world!
When we got home, Grace was fascinated by all of baby sister's new things. She snagged a few gifts today, too, from thoughtful folks. We'll save a few to give to her at the hospital. Last night I was hugging Grace and she looked at my belly and said, "That baby sure is getting big." My sentiments exactly, big sister.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. B - just look at all that loot. Who knew there could be so much PINK on one table. I'm so glad you guys were home and you have been completely taken care of! Happy packing!

Anonymous said...

Gram and I got her computer going this afternoon! She's enjoyed seeing the pictures of the shower and hearing your blog comments.

Love you, my sweet daughter!

Mom

kristen lewis said...

I enjoyed every minute of it. I love getting to do the whole baby thing together! I cannot wait to meet this little one.

O Fam said...

I am so happy for your sweet shower!! You are so loved...near and far. Blessings these last few weeks.

ashley said...

How wonderful for you guys! I am so excited for you- I remember how miserable the last few weeks can be, you are almost there!

jdavis2 said...

so sweet! i must say... you're becoming quite the secret keeper! as always, it felt like "home" hanging out with you guys... looking forward to more "home" time in the coming years. love!