Tuesday, March 3, 2009

waiting yet savoring the time

D-day is coming; this Thursday's the day! I have such a mixture of feelings as we wait for the baby to come. I'm ready to hold her yet savoring the last moments we have as a family of 3. And I'm trying to remember what in the world I ever did with a newborn. Somehow those first few days with Grace are a little foggy now! Before we get very focused with baby #2 on this blog, I feel the need to journal a few things about Grace. The 2's have been more challenging than I ever imagined, but I can honestly say we've had more fun with Grace in the last few weeks than ever before. These have been such happy days lately, and she just makes us laugh with what comes out of her mouth! She's grown up a bit in the last 2 months. I know toddlers have their ups and downs, but I'm willing and ready for the 3's coming in a few months. I love to watch her learn. She talks almost non-stop while she's awake: telling stories, pretending, coming up with toddler jokes, and basically verbally-processing everything we do. She's fascinated with letters right now and picks them out wherever we go. One of my favorite things right now is to hear her pray at night. And she's extremely excited to be a big sister. I hope it lasts once the baby's here. Here are just a few hodge-podge of pictures from the last month. On one of our warmer days, Daddy and Grace went on another date. She always comes back from these times very excited about their adventures! Here's Grace and her good buddy Carter reading books in his room.
She loves pajamas and/or nightgowns right now. At times I put her down for nap in her regular clothes, but when she wakes up she walks out wearing pajamas.
And on one of the colder days last month, we stayed inside and let her dress up in various outfits. Note the bright orange skirt underneath her dress. We put on coke boxes and chased each other playing "robot." It's fun to pretend with a toddler!
Next time, I hope to post some pictures of our two girls together!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Grace is such a beautiful little girl. I can't believe your due date is just around the corner. I'm so anxious to learn baby sister's name!

ashley said...

too cute. I am so excited for you guys and will be thinking of you on thurs!

The Nolands said...

Good luck on Thursday! I know your family is anxiously awaiting this newest blessing!

O Fam said...

Such a sweet girl!! I know she is going to be a great big sis!! These are going to be such precious days for your family as it expands, and the days just get sweeter. We are sooooo excited for you guys! I feel like I should come and visit...so could you ask K if I can come? Much love and prayers!

Amy said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm sure Grace will be a big help, not that it doesn't come with challenges, but overall, especially with help from your family, 2 is pretty cool and surreal. I wish I could meet them. Maybe next time you come home.

Anonymous said...

sounds like her aunt kimmie with her love of jammies.

Will be praying for you tons in the next few days.

Kimmie Kay

kristen lewis said...

It really is bittersweet to say goodbye to the family of three but as soon as little miss is here, you will wonder what you ever did without her! I am so crazy about Grace. I love that picture of her and Carter. Carter prayed for you guys tonight. Very sweet. See you in the hospital. . .