Saturday, April 4, 2009

snow day

Today the temperature outside reached 80 degrees, but LAST Friday we had a little winter weather make a brief appearance. Since we live in tropical Asia and Grace has NEVER in her life seen snow, I had been hopeful for at least one snowfall while we were here in the States. We've had an unusually warm winter here in West Texas, and I had given up hope altogether until last week. There wasn't a ton of snow and it was gone by the afternoon, but it was enough for Grace to see. We talked it up and Grace was all excited to go stomp in the snow...and then we went outside. My not-too-adventurous 2 year old decided it would be better to have Daddy hold her. She wanted nothing to do with it. It probably didn't help that the West Texas wind was blowing in her face and she was freezing. Oh well, at least Mom got a few photos. It's probably best that Grace lives where it's hot. Blistering hot. No, really Dad, I don't want to get down and walk!
You can tell how excited she was at this point!
But it was warm inside. There is always time to hug sister.
Here's Trinity wearing Evyn's panda bear outfit. I think it's pretty fitting for a made-in-Ch!na baby, don't you? In these photos she's 3 weeks old. I can't believe she will be a month old this coming Sunday. I'll have to post more pictures soon because she has really seemed to pork-up in the last week. I have forgotten how quickly newborns change!
I love "stretchy-face." It's my favorite. Trinity's still such a calm baby! Many thanks have gone up for this fact!

5 comments:

sandra said...

I'm so glad Grace got to see some snow. She'll always love seeing those photos. I remember when we were up north, our little guy ate so much snow! He'd cry and cry when we made him come inside - even though he was shivering because it was so cold. Trinity is just beautiful. I'm so glad she is an easy baby. I just love the photo of her stretching out.

jdavis2 said...

ah. these pics are too sweet. i too love the pink outfits both girls are wearing ;) both of them seem to be growing up too fast! love to all...

kristen lewis said...

Have I told you lately how much I love your little family? Too cute! I love seeing Trinity in Evyn's clothes- it makes my heart happy!

ashley said...

I heart stretchy faces! they are the best! what sweet girls!

O Fam said...

Loved your snow pictures~~ and, just in case you were wondering, it hasn't snowed here! Can't wait to hold Trinity...and hug everyone else's necks!!