Sunday, November 8, 2009

a trip with Daddy

Grace has wanted to accompany her daddy on one of his countryside trips for quite some time. She loves to be on the go and try out new places. And she wanted to go see a new little friend she made a few weeks ago. So because of the nature of this latest trip, Kevin thought he could take care of his responsibilities while having Grace tag along. They left Saturday and get back tomorrow (Monday). Right before they left, Grace told me she would be a sweet girl on the trip. She kissed me goodbye and headed out the door. Then I heard her say, "One more thing, Mommy." So I opened the door. She asked, "Mommy, will you be a sweet girl too and take care of my pets?" (meaning her stuffed animals). "Will you take care of them so they don't cry?" Made me grin from ear to ear. She seems so much more grown up lately. Here they are looking so proud before heading out to the bus station. I've been resisting the urge to text message all weekend questions such as, "Did you take her to the bathroom?" or "Has she eaten healthy foods today?" I know she is in very capable hands. I'm so thankful to have a husband who is also an excellent daddy! I talked with Kevin tonight and he is pretty tired but I think the trip has gone as well as could be expected with a little girl tagging along. A little girl who still gets pretty overwhelmed with lots of well-meaning strangers who want to gawk at the foreign kiddo. In the meantime, I've had lots of extra snuggle time with my other baby girl.
Trinity is 8 months old already! Somebody make her slow down! In the past week alone she's gone from eating barely any baby food to chowing down on soft finger foods like bananas, avocado, and papaya like there's no tomorrow. And although she isn't crawling on all fours she's starting to scoot on her belly. And babbling much more. Before long she'll be going on trips to the countryside with Daddy, too!
But for now I'm kissing on these chubby baby cheeks as long as I can.
And loving her chubby baby hands and wrists. Don't you love little baby hands?
Speaking of babies, my brother Chad and his wife Erin welcomed a new baby girl yesterday. Welcome to the world Macy Gerlt!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog made me want to cry. At times I miss so much seeing the girls and their parents. Love all of you. Nana

Anonymous said...

Kevin, I am totally impressed. And Brigitte, TRINITY IS SO CUTE, i don't know how you get anything done.

KimmieKay

Jim Gerlt said...

I'm so with Nana on this one! They are growing up quickly and though we wouldn't change that, want to savor the moments. I'm thankful that you and Kevin are doing that as you care for these precious gals. Thank you for keeping us up on these milestones. We're proud of you!

Love,
Mom (Granna)

Anonymous said...

ahhhh... so sweet - all 3 of you girls! trusting Kevin is also remembering to go to the bathroom and eat healthy foods! sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves when we're responsible for a lttle one! hope you too, B, are taking care of yourself... and getting some sleep. i love ya! ~jd2

kristen lewis said...

The big question is can Kevin do fern tails? Mike is terrified at the mere thought of having to fix girl hair. I think it is super sweet that they are getting some time with just the two of them!

Rachel W said...

Brigitte,
look at those lashes! Those lashes!! And the cheeks! gah. what a darling little baby you have, and such a grown up little girl too! Glad they could go together, and I'm sure you'll be glad when they're home too!

Blessings,
Rachel W