Monday, November 30, 2009

unexpected blessings in the concrete jungle

Sometimes I get so far behind in blogging that I'm not quite sure where to start. Then I just stop blogging altogether. But then, well, that's just silly. How 'bout I just start with where we are now? Hong Kong! Actually, I wasn't really looking forward to this trip to HK, but it's been such a gift because we are having a GREAT time. Because Kevin's passport has to be mailed to the US for a new visa, we are sticking around for longer than we have before. And it's giving us time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. I wasn't sure that was possible in Hong Kong; what a crazy-fun place! The last few months have been filled with a little more busyness than normal. I mean really, where did the time go? Weren't we just here in Hong Kong doing our visa turnaround? I'm so thankful we've had these last few days because it's made me stop and enjoy my family in a new way and think again about how good the Lord has been to us. I simply could not ask for more. With all our medical and dental appointments out of the way, we've had some time to play the last few days. So far Kevin has taken Grace for her first ice skating experience (or maybe we could call it "ice walking") and we've had lots of time to play at a local park. Turns out Trinity loves it when big sister pushes her on the baby swing. And today, we took the plunge and headed to Hong Kong Disneyland for the first time! We had been waiting until Grace was old enough to really enjoy it and boy, it did not disappoint!! Today was one of the sweetest family days we've had in a long time. One of those "talked-about" days that you remember for a long time because everyone was simply having a blast. (Well, Trinity, you'll just have to take our word for it sweet girl.) But because I'm coming off an adrenaline high from today and nodding off as I write, I'll save pictures for next time. Until then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brigitte, this was a lovely glimpse into your time in HK. I have missed your blog. I always look forward to the latest. Nana

Anonymous said...

Ah, Brigitte, I'm with Nana. It makes us feel so great to know you four are having a wonderful time in Hong Kong! Bring on the pictures when you have some time, dear daughter. Love you! Mom (Granna)

Anonymous said...

ahhhh... thanks for the update! so glad that things have worked out better than expected and that you are all getting some much needed rest. we love you all...
~jd2