Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Granna is here!

Granna (my mom) has braved the long plane ride and jet lag once again. This trip makes her seventh trip to Asia, if I am counting correctly, and six of those times have been to come see us since we moved here in 2004. We are having a great time and savoring the last few days of her visit. We miss my Dad this time but know he is right where he needs to be overseeing a busy project at work. July has been a crazy month for Kevin managing lots of visitors and projects, so it has been a double-blessing to have my mom around while we are still settling into life in our new place. Granna has worked her tail off helping me get my house in shape, loving on my girls, and helping host meals for visitors. I do believe if she hadn't been here this month I might have had a few meltdowns along the way! It's been like having my own mental-health professional living here this month to keep me from going insane. Ha! God is very good. I will post more thoughts later but here are a few pictures to get us going... Here's the view from our new apartment balcony. I enjoy how peaceful (quiet!) it is where we live now. Another nice thing is we live close to local gov't officials and therefore don't have the power outages like folks do in other parts of town. The bad part is we don't live close to any markets or stores so getting out to buy things is a bit of a hassle. I enjoy our view of the karst (limestone) formations in the background! And sometimes we see water buffalo walking down the street.
This is completely random but Trinity started making this face one day and saw how we laughed when she made it. So now when we ask her to make her "excited face" this is what she does. She is such a ham!
I love this picture of these two...
See Trinity's black eye? She had a run-in with our coffee table. We've remedied the sharp corner situation but this child seems bent on getting hurt somehow every day. She's into EVERYTHING but I do love this toddler stage!
We love you Mom! Thank you for being here! More to come soon...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting. I love seeing what I'm missing--and I do miss being with you.
Dad/Jim/Papa Jim

Valerie said...

First off, love that water buffalo pic! How hilarious is that?! Second, I love seeing the pics of you with your mom. I still have such great memories not only with you but with your parents. I'm so glad you all have had such a great visit together. :)

Anonymous said...

How nice that your mom can be with you at your new location when Kevin is so busy with work.

ashley said...

look how much your mom and Grace look alike! how sweet. so glad she gets to be there with you. and I laughed out loud at trinity's excited face!

kristen lewis said...

Random thoughts-

Trinity's shiner is adorable. Not that you should encourage more facial bruising, but she looks really cute!

Do you cut Grace's bangs yourself? If so, you really do a marvelous job.

I love the picture of you and your mom. Two of my favorite people.

I wish I were there with you girls. But knowing how insanely hot it must be makes me feel a little better about not being there. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Brigette,

I always enjoy your posts, and this one is especially sweet with the pictures of your mom with your girls and you. God bless you and Kevin! look forward to the next post.

Blessings,

Grady and Cindy Butler

Erin said...

LOVE all of the pictures! Beautiful, beautiful people. Enjoy the last few days together!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures & the update! you girls are looking good... and i'm still in shock at how green it is there! even with the rainy summer up here the foliage doesn't compare! know that we're missing you all bunches. (((hugs))) ~jd2