Thursday, August 5, 2010

in her words

On Granna's last day in town, she and Grace spent a little time remembering the fun things we did together. They even wrote a little homemade booklet to commemorate the time. So, here is Granna's visit in a nutshell, as told by Grace (with a little help, of course!) The new van picked Granna up. We live on the 4th floor. I am 4. It is my favorite number! Granna loved our new apartment.
I showed her my new pink bike and rode it for her.
She read many, many books to me.
We played school together. Granna was the teacher and all the kids came to my room.
We went to N___. I got to sleep in H's bed because he wasn't home. His bed has a big slide on it! I was so excited I could hardly sleep. At the hotel, Granna and I were roommates. We had princess beds. We played with L__. We talked and laughed in a tree. (Editor's note: no actual pictures were taken on our trip to N___, therefore you get the random picture added below.)
Back at home, H, E, J and I played with finger puppets. Granna enjoyed that.
Granna also flipped a lot of pancakes that night.
Later we had fun with Daddy and some other friends at the Stone Forest Park. Granna, Daddy and I all rode on the motorcycle together.
Granna made silly movies of me. Sometimes I call her Gran for short. Granna has to go home to Papa now. She will be back. Granna loves me and my family! Guess what? I love her too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! Grace is an extremely good story teller and very verbal. Thank you, daughter, for taking the time to post this blog. It helps me see Granna's visit through Grace's eyes and get her perspective (I've gotten a little of Granna's). Just wish I could have been there, too.
Dad/Jim/Papa Jim

Anonymous said...

Charming story. Nana

Anonymous said...

great pictures! so good to see your evolving life! and so good to hear from Grace! we love you guys and eagerly await a reunion! until then... catch your breath and enjoy the journey! (((hugs!))) ~jd2