Sunday, June 3, 2012

DONE!

The school year is officially over around here, so it's time to celebrate!


I'm really proud of my big girl; she's had a great year. She's reading and writing, can tell time and count money, will tell you how to find a perimeter, and has some fun facts about space she'd be happy to share with you at any moment.



Here she is signaling for you that she's DONE with kindergarten! She's so happy to be a big
first-grader.


When I asked Grace how she wanted to celebrate the last day of school, she said she wanted to have her good friend Luke over to eat cake with her. Sounded great to me! 

I'm not gonna lie; there were a few days this year when we both felt like this.



But the majority of days we were smiling, having fun, and learning together.
Grace has truly been a joy to teach. I think I'm getting hooked on this home school thing. And it's a good thing since it's our only option right now. Bring on first grade!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, congratulations on successfully completeing kindergarten and becoming a first grader. Congratulations to Brigitte for enabling Grace to do this. Nana

Anonymous said...

well done Grace!
and Mommy!
we know that it took a lot of hard work and determintion to accomplish all you have in the last year... and now you get to enjoy the wonderful results (reading!) of your efforts!
so proud of both of you!
welcome to first grade Grace!
~jd2

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to this post! Grace seems ALMOST as happy as I was on the last day of school! Come to America and let's celebrate together! :) ...so proud of you both! Love, Granna

Crystal said...

Congratulations, Grace and Brigitte! I love the pictures! <3