Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

This year, my friend asked for help in throwing an Easter Party for her early English learners. I was more than happy to help. As usual, more kids showed up than were invited. Word of a party travels fast! Fortunately, there was plenty of supplies for everyone to decorate and hunt eggs.


 
Aaaaand, they're off to hunt!

 
Thanks to taobao, I was able to order plastic eggs this year. I heard a child's parent telling him not to worry about the fake eggs; just find the real ones. The kids were pleasantly surprised to find out there was candy inside the "fake" eggs. :)
 
 One of the 200 group photos taken on Saturday; everyone had a great time! 
 
 I looked out my bathroom window on Easter morning and saw this gorgeous sunrise.
 
 
My dear husband does not, ahem, love taking pictures. But on major holidays he will put up with my antics and head outside for some family photos. It is a huge act of love on his part.



 


 
We hosted fellowship time for Easter this year. Everyone brought food and we had a big brunch as well as a very worshipful time of remembrance. I absolutely love everything about Easter. I think the Lord knows our souls need a major reminder/refocus each year of the price He paid for us.

 
Another fun memory from the day:
While we had our Easter morning celebration in Asia, my cousin Laura's beloved (also named Kevin) was proposing to her in Dallas. So after our Sunday morning meeting time was over we raced to the computer to see pictures of their engagement. We were all so excited for them! 
 
 
Hope you had a fabulous Easter weekend! He is Risen!!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful Easter! Love y'all!
Amy H

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting; I so love seeing the pictures and reading about this memorable Easter. I love you, honey.

Mom