Friday, September 19, 2008

short and sweet

Today was an exciting day for my 9 year old nephew, Max, as well as the whole family. A few weeks ago, Max received cochlear implants, and today was activation day! He was able to hear sounds and his family's voices for the first time today! What an amazing blessing! Tonight we got to see a fun video of Max responding to his name, and his face lit up every time he was being called. That was a blast to see. Max, we love you and will be praying for you as you learn to use your implants and to process all these new sounds you are hearing. Tomorrow Kevin and I head out for our first in a series of speaking engagements. We'll be in St. Louis until Tuesday. The thing is, Grace is staying in Lubbock with Granna and Papa Jim. The only other time I've been away from Grace was for one brief overnight trip, so I'm a little sad about leaving her for so long. I KNOW she will be fine, we'll just see if I am! I'm thankful she will be in good hands, though. Happy 10th birthday today to my niece, Alayna, and happy 11th birthday on Saturday to our niece Ariel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what wonderful news! thank you for sharing - this truly is amazing & exciting!
love to ya all the way from here...
jdavis2