Thursday, September 11, 2008

so I got a new toy

Kevin and I have been saving for quite some time now to buy a digital SLR camera. We found the best deal online, and yesterday my new Canon came in the mail! One of my goals while we are in the States is to learn more about photography. I would like to take a class at a community college but am not sure if we will be in town enough to attend. Maybe I'll buy a "photography for dummies" book! Anyway, my first challenge is to learn all the bells and whistles on my camera. I'm so ignorant! We decided that if I can master how to use this camera, then I can upgrade lenses and such in the future. Anyone want to give photography lessons? :) Two of my favorite little people were playing together yesterday when my camera came, so of course I had to snap some shots. Aren't they adorable?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!!!
we hope you have lots of fun with your new toy... and of course, we're grateful for the benefits of your gift - lots o' pics while you're away!
love.
~jdavis2

Anonymous said...

Great. Grandparents love seeing any and all pictures you take.

KLee said...

We love our SLR!! But I am still (after many years) trying to figure it out. Little kids are hard to practice on! Please share any tips you learn!
The pics you have already taken are great!

kristen lewis said...

Those two are deliciously cute together! I love it!!! Thank you so much for the gift of a date night. You are a precious friend and I love you!

By the way, I don't even know what SLR stands for.

Anonymous said...

well, it helps to have a good subject, and it looks like you have two very cutes ones. And when i get back, you'll have a 3rd cute subject.

KK

p.s. don't buy a dummies book. never spend money and/or time on anything that refers to you as a dummy!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry it has taken me so long to get caught up on your blog. I'm so glad you guys got a fun camera. I know you'll love getting great shots of Grace & baby #2 with it!