Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving festivities

Happy belated Thanksgiving, 2008! We had a great time with my family, our first holiday with everyone together in 5 years. It was quite a feat to have everyone present! My sister and her family first drove from Nashville to Lubbock to stay a few days, then we all caravaned to OKC to be with my brother and his family. I've managed to get my pictures out of order, but here are some shots of our fun time together. OKC had some beautiful weather on Thanksgiving Day, so the kids' table was moved outside! Three of us adult kiddos have birthdays in November, so here is a shot of us celebrating my brother-in-law Chris' birthday in Lubbock before we left. (Yes, this picture is out of order but work with me.) You can see my sister and her hubby have 3 cute kids. We got to meet my sweet niece baby Ava for the very first time.
Grace and cousin Jake are only 2 1/2 months apart...here they are having a fun tickle attack session.
Outside play is always a great idea when there are 7 kiddos in the house! Papa Jim and Granna with their grandkids, minus the one I currently have in-utero! You can have some seriously good conversations while trying to steal some ham and turkey before dinner. Erin (my sister-in-law) did lots of research and made seriously the most moist turkey I've ever eaten! Great job, Erin! And, seeing as how she is Martha Stewart, Erin also hand-made cloth pumpkins and napkin rings for the table this year. Here's the woman who worked so hard to pull it all together with niece Ava. Stay tuned for a few more pictures of our time in OKC, including a special treat of seeing Kevin dressed up in a cow costume!

1 comment:

jdavis2 said...

love the shot of the grandparents with the grandkids! so sweet! thanks for sharing your life with us! :)