Monday, May 25, 2009

All in the family

We had a special Mother's Day this year. Trinity was dedicated to the Lord, and our family had 4 generations together at church. After worship, Papa Jim and Kevin had pre-ordered Chili's for all of us (take-out), so we had a fabulous meal at home and no one had to cook! One of my favorite parts of the day was the fact that Grace, no less than 20 times, said, "I have a secret for you, Mommy..." and then she whispered in my ear, "Happy Mother's Day!" Melted my heart. I think Granna enjoyed some good snuggle time as well. 4 generations...Trinity is sleeping under the prayer shawl she received at her baby dedication. Such a special keepsake!
And all 16 of my family members got together last week. With 8 grandkids playing together in 1 house, you might call it a little bit of controlled chaos. Papa Jim and Granna worked really hard to make it a special gathering. Here are all the grandkids together...(my brother Chad and his wife Erin have baby #4 on the way, which will make grandbaby #9!)
And here's the whole crew: Papa Jim, Granna, Chris and Angela (my sister), Alayna, Caleb, Ava, Chad (my brother), Erin, Max, Anna Kate, Jake, and the 4 of us. Erin set the timer and took a great photo!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

You guys are awesome! What a great pic of all the family!