Monday, May 4, 2009

the Missouri crew

Our one regret during our Stateside time is that we didn't make it to my grandpa's farm. Between our fall travel schedule and Trinity's arrival, we couldn't make it to central Missouri. BUT, my grandpa, aunt, and cousin came to see us last weekend. And get this, Grandpa flew for the first time in his life at age 83!! We were so proud of him and honored that all 3 came to see us! My dad called Southwestern Airlines ahead of time to notify them of Grandpa's first flight, and they announced it on the airplane before take-off. I hope I'm that open to trying new things at 83. Grace kept saying last weekend, "He's MY Grandpa."
It was wonderful to see Aunt Betty (my dad's sister) again.
The ladies from Grandpa's church (Trinity Church) made a precious blanket with Trinity's name on it!
Poor Daniel was sick almost the entire time but was really a trooper about it all. He flew for the first time, as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an amazingly sweet grandpa! i'm glad Grace to got meet him... that truly is special! :)

sandra said...

Your Grandpa is amazing to fly at 83!