Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Outdoor play

Kevin's been gone since Friday morning, but he gets home tomorrow evening (Wednesday!) The girls and I are really ready for him to get back. We haven't gone outside as much as usual (it's a little more of a challenge to get the 2 out by myself in the intense heat), and Grace has been a little stir crazy. But we do have fun times when we go out! Sidewalk chalk, bubbles, talking with neighborhood kids, even finding bugs on the ground are fun activities right now. And I love it that Grace is pretending day and night. The other day we spent a good long time going up and down little hills in our apartment complex, pretending to be Jack and Jill. And chasing each other. And pretending we were "stuck" and getting various ropes to get us "unstuck." The little brain is always working. Here are my cutie pies. If Grace looks like she has something in her mouth, she was pocketing and still chewing on some guava from her dinner! During the day, many retired folks sit around our apartment complex playing mahjong. Grace is too shy right now to approach them during the day, but she thought their table was fair game while they were gone!
Oh, my sweet 3 month old! She's sleeping through the night now. And tonight I got some great chuckles out of her. Pure bliss.
She sucks her thumb to go to sleep.
The grandparents will be pleased to know Grace still loves to water plants. She's actually pretty good at knowing how much water each of the plants on our balcony needs!
I'll wait to give you a tour of our new apartment until I get some painting and decorating done, but you can see our apartment building here. We live on the 2nd floor instead of the 4th now, which I love! (There are no elevators in apartment buildings with 8 floors or less.) Ours is the 2nd apartment up on the right.
bubbles, bubbles
This is pretty much what we look like after only 30 minutes outside at 9:30 am! It's really humid! Good hair days don't really exist anymore, but I'm ok with that. :)
And we don't have a backyard, but that doesn't stop us from using a kiddie pool on the balcony! Grace had a BLAST today playing in her kiddie pool. Hours of fun, I tell you. Should have bought this much sooner.
Hey look, I can even water plants while playing in my pool!
Staying cool.
Hope you are having a happy summer!

6 comments:

The Barnes Bunch said...

What fun!! Your girls are so cute and Grace looks like she is having so much fun. I am so glad Trinity is sleeping through the night! Sleep is a wonderful thing!

Anonymous said...

We're home for a few days and loved finding these great pics, sweet daughter.

We love you four!!!!

Granna and Papa

sandra said...

Grace is just beautiful. She's growing up so fast. I'm so glad you guys are managing to get out some. We've slowed down quite a bit with the heat. I love her pool. We'd be doing that same thing if we had a balcony. I can't wait to see your home. (And steal a few decorating ideas!)

kristen lewis said...

Oh my goodness! We have been out of town and I am just seeing these. Grace already looks so much more grown up to me. Must be because she is three! And her hair is so curly there! Beautiful girls!

Rachel W said...

Hi you all!
Just found your blog and loved seeing the pics and catching up a bit! Grace is absolutely adorable-we just had a great time celebrating Chloe's birthday as well and I thought of you all. Congratulations on Trinity! She looks like a sweetie pie! Way to go on sleeping through the night!

Now I'll put you on my google reader and keep up with your news. Fun to catch up! Take care!

Love,
Rachel

Kasey said...

Hey guys sounds like you have had a great month. Its been a crazy one here and I am just now getting to catch up! I love the pics of Grace's party....I was thinking of you guys as we celebrated Caiden's b-day! Love you guys and you're in my prayers always