Sunday, March 27, 2011

Never say never

  • I'm certain all 4 people who read this blog already know our big news, but somehow I feel the need to make it official in blogworld: WE'RE MOVING! (Again!)
  • Now, mind you last year after we moved to CZ my husband said, "That's it. We're not moving again!" I mean, this time we painted, purchased new air conditioners for the apartment, you know, the works. At the time I remember telling him, "Oh no! Don't say that! Now we'll be moving to (who knows where)..."
  • God is amazing. We did not see this move coming. Nor did we seek it out. But boy are we excited. We are sad to leave friends who are like family, but excited just the same.
  • In February we were approached about the possibility of a new job in a province west of where we currently live. And while at first we were hesitant, we began to seek Him about what we should do. Thankfully, He made his answer very, very clear. We are supposed to move.
  • So, just as James 4 reminds us, we are never to assume what/where/when we will be doing something or for how long. That's up to Him to decide. I feel like I'm on another crazy ride, but I'm excited about it because I know for certain He's initiated it all.
  • A few weekends ago Kevin and I had a chance to scope out our new city and meet some of the folks who live there. It made us even more excited about our move! This coming Friday I'll travel back by myself to attempt to find an apartment. And I'm not coming home until I've signed a lease on some apartment somewhere! Gulp. Our new town is notorious for being difficult to find housing for rent. Prayers would certainly be appreciated!
  • I look forward to sharing pictures of our new town soon. Until then, it's back to the boxes! I've realized that this is why I never spring clean...who needs to do spring cleaning when you move every year?!

6 comments:

Jim Gerlt said...

Can't wait until you update your bog with the news of the new apartment and pictures. Meanwhile, Mr. Mom will be eagerly awaiting your return, not to mention your girls. We can't wait to Skype with you. So proud of you, beautiful daughter.

Anonymous said...

It must be a Godin thing to move often. We look forward to seeing your new town and apartment. We will be going to the Father about your being able to find an apartment that you want and need.
Nana

Anonymous said...

awesome! i just love a happy update! girl, while you're scouting out housing and having some "me time" i want to extend an invitation to you... feel free to call ANYTIME. i know sometimes a familiar voice is encouraging. excited with you... ~jd2!

Rachel said...

Great (even if unexpected!) news! So glad for Father's clear leading in your lives. I'll be pr for you, especially as you look for somewhere to live...He will be faithful to meet your needs!

And you must have more than 4 readers (haha!) since I did not know this news! thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Rachel W

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see this news in writing and to realize anew how quickly Father can change things, redirect us, and get us excited about it! Love you! Granna

sandra said...

Happy apartment hunting! It's good that you are able to check things out first hand.