Sunday, August 26, 2007

random thoughts from Thailand

We're having a great time here, and I have to say this is the best travel experience we've had with Grace since she was born. I guess it truly does get easier to travel with kids as they get older! It encourages me to do this child-bearing thing again, should HE be willing! Actually, since we're in the same room as Grace at night, we put a sheet around her bed so she can't see us, and it's working out well. Ok, enough about sleep... If you need dental work, come to Thailand. It's cheap, cheap, and state-of-the-art. I had my top wisdom teeth out yesterday in about a total of 15 minutes. For real, the process took 15 minutes and they didn't even put me under. I was awake the whole time. Who knew? I have a little bit of the chipmunk look today, but if I knew this would be so easy I wouldn't have put it off for so long! Grace has started to say some new words this week. I can't quite remember all of them, but she can now say her first intelligible word in Asian-ese. When we ask her "hao bu hao?," which literally means, "good not good?" she answers "hao" or "good" every time. She also really enjoys saying Amen "ma-men" after night prayers. I'll try to take and post a few pictures in the coming days.

3 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Hey Girl! I am glad that all went well with your wisdom teeth! I hated that blood taste in my mouth after I had mine taken out. Hopefully they have some magical Thai technique to help you endure that too!

I love that Grace is speaking Chinese! Atta girl. She is one smart cookie.

What is all this talk about another baby and covering Grace's bed? What is going on in Thailand, Brigitte? Hmmmm. . .

Love you!

Jim Gerlt said...

Hi Kids! Gram and I are enjoying your tidbits about the trip. So glad too that Grace is being a "travel trooper." Dad (aka Papa) is at a regional club meeting tonight, Gram is in jammies ready to study the Good Book she teaches tomorrow morning, and I am "bright-eyed and bushy tailed" (an ol'Gram idiom) after the first day of school. Talk about random thoughts! Has our sweet girl had her shots by now?

Patricia & Pat Godin said...

I am glad the tooth extractions went well and Grace is sleeping well. You will start feeling so much more energetic getting more quality sleep.

How is Grace enjoying being with other children her age all day? I bet she returns to the hotel room exhausted.

Look forward to more info. Mom G