Saturday, June 14, 2008

Grace's 2nd birthday

Yesterday we celebrated Grace's 2nd birthday! It's so hard for us to believe she's already 2, and yet in some ways she has already seemed like a 2 year old for a while! She's talking up a storm in complete sentences, can sing lots of songs, goes from English to the local language in a snap, and absolutely keeps us laughing! The last few months have had their toddler ups and downs, but I have to say the last 2 weeks we've just had so much fun playing and learning together and overall having very little toddler drama. So bring on the 2's!

We really are so thankful for Grace's life. She brings us such joy! She gives the best hugs and kisses whenever we ask for them, and my favorite new thing that she does all the time now is to encourage me by saying, "good job, mama" whenever we're doing a task together such as coloring. I love this motherhood gig!

Yesterday Grace had quite a fun day, complete with webcamming with grandparents and family, opening gifts, and having a little party at McDonald's. Since Grace isn't too big into cake yet, I made her favorite dessert instead: peanut butter squares. I was really touched that my helper BoLing remembered Grace's birthday, too. I never told her it was coming, but she remembered from last year and brought her a sweet gift. That touched me! She has very little disposable income since she sends most of it back to her village.

Enjoy the pictures!








Grace also shares her birthday with my sister's son, cousin Caleb. Happy 6th birthday Caleb!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we too are so thankful for Grace in our lives!
happy big number 2 Grace, we love you!
~jdavis2

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, girl! She looks so grown up.

Kimmie Kay

p.s. Kevin, loving the new style

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! It was such a treat to get to see you all on the webcam and sing Happy Birthday.
See you soon! We can't wait.

kristen lewis said...

Happy Birthday, baby Grace. I love you so much. We talked about you all day and even sang to you in the Lewis house. It looks like a fun day. Enjoy every minute, B. What a precious girl you have.

Aunt K

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace! We can't believe you're 2!

Anonymous said...

(1) My first comment just got nixed.

(2) Happy B-day Grace!

(3) I'm lovin' Kever's hair and gotee.

(4) I'm not so lovin' the wife beater...

(5) Where is the pic of b-day girl and mom...left out intentionally maybe...?

jc in jn