Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Here's a big "Happy Father's Day" to my wonderful daddy and father-in-law. Kevin, Grace, and I love you both and are thankful for your lives and examples!

I think Kevin will tell you he had a great Father's Day, not because of anything I did in particular but because of some of the fun things he got to do. We had 2 friends from the countryside come to the "big city" to visit us, and we had them over this morning for a western breakfast of French toast, eggs, and fruit. They were fine with the food and seemed to eat quite a bit, but there was a little look of terror on their faces when they first approached the table and saw they'd have to use a fork and a knife! I offered chopsticks, but they didn't want them. They were up to the challenge after Kevin gave them a demonstration! I imagine they had the same look on their faces as we did our first few weeks here. Anyway, the really fun part of the day came when we got to throw a "swimming party" for one of our friends!

And what's Father's Day without a bunch of meat? So, Kevin asked to go to Brazilian bbq tonight. Besides the exercise equipment Kevin got to pick out (kettle bells, don't ask me what they are because I don't really understand much about them), one of my gifts to my beloved was to not bother him with pictures for the day! :) So, the only pictures I have to post today are of a friend and Grace (still in her nightgown) blowing bubbles on the back porch this morning. It's not very Father's Day-ish, but I figure some pictures are better than no pictures! :)



3 comments:

kristen lewis said...

People should always blow bubbles in pajamas. It is just more fun that way.

Mike recently discovered kettle bells too. I will pass. Happy Father's Day, Kevin!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures... always! :)
~jdavis2

Anonymous said...

I laughted that your gift to Kevin was not to take photos. Hubs was not very joyful when we got some father's day shots. I seem to recall him saying, "Let's go take pictures for Mommy's father's day gift." True Hubs form.