Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello from Hong Kong!

We had smooth sailing yesterday and got into Hong Kong in good shape. Today has been a fun day for us since I had my first OB appointment. We all (including Grace) got to see baby #2 on the ultrasound, and he/she even moved around a little bit for us! The doctor said the baby looks "perfect," and is right on track at this point. I am measuring just shy of 11 weeks. Even though this is my second baby, I was still truly in awe. We are so thankful for this second gift! Grace has been talking quite a bit this afternoon about seeing the baby in mommy's tummy. Since I'm still pretty nauseated, I thought I'd take a shot in the dark and see if the doctor would give me some nausea medicine just in case I need it on the overseas flight. He just laughed and said, "I do not think you will throw up. It should be no problem." Um, easy for him to say because he's not the one who's been throwing up! Oh well, a girl can try.
We've really enjoyed being in HK again. Tonight at the grocery store I got to indulge for the first time in a pregnancy craving; bagels and cream cheese. Oh, it was wonderful! Tomorrow might prove to be a little exciting because there is a typhoon scheduled to come in the afternoon around 2 pm. Earlier today the forecast projected for the eye of the storm to pass right over HK, but now it seems to have moved a bit. We will still probably get some high winds and rain but maybe not the full brunt of the storm. Kevin is still hoping to make his doctor's appointment tomorrow at 3 pm, but if the typhoon gets to a level 8, the subway closes down. DON'T WORRY about us, the building where we are staying is built to withstand a typhoon. We might just have to stay in a bit more tomorrow. Tonight at the grocery store it seemed that the entire city was gearing up and buying groceries as people were standing in lines 50 people-long to check out!
The only other cute story I have is about a nice elderly gentleman staying in the guest house with us. Grace has really taken to him. His name is Herman, and we have been trying to get her to call him Mr. Herman, but at first she called him "Hermie" after the Max Lucado character. Last night she wanted to thank God for Hermie. Today, we've made improvement and she's now addressing him as "Mr. Herm."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly, we did not know about the typhoon until you wrote but we know now what to yarp. Great news about the baby. Grace will just love her new sibling as she is so loving. Mom Godin

kristen lewis said...

PTL for a healthy little baby! I cannot wait for Monday. As much as HK has to offer, you know that LBK is the best! Hey- wanna go to my ultrasound with me on Friday? Maybe we could talk them into doing two for one. Love you!