Saturday, September 26, 2009

to the park

Going to "play" at the park is probably one of the biggest past-times people of all ages participate in here. On any given morning, night or weekend, you can find groups of people playing volleyball or badminton, older folks singing songs from "back in the day," others practicing their tai chi, or some playing instruments. It's actually a fun atmosphere, very communal. We have two huge parks near our home, one of which we've been frequenting a lot lately. This park has a playground with "real" swings (hard to come by) and also has some kiddie rides that we let Grace ride from time to time. Actually there are a few "big rides" too like in an amusement park but we're sticking with the smaller rides. Last week Kevin had a day off and we got to go as a family. Sometimes Kevin takes Grace there at night to play on the playground. And sometimes, if my helper is around, I will put Trinity down for her morning nap and take Grace for a little outing just the two of us. But if you ever happen to go, I should warn you that if you are a psychopath or just plain intemperant you should not board any of the kiddie rides in the park.
Seeing as how I am hoping the "intemperant" part doesn't include the occasional 3 year old meltdown, I let her get on the kiddie rides anyway. :)
I think Daddy had more fun on this one than Grace did since it involved shooting at things.
If you go on a weekday morning when not many people are there, you might have to wake up the ride attendant. This guy was out COLD with his ipod in his ear.
I need to get better at these self-portrait photos. I stink. But we were having fun on this ride. Since Grace is "small," they usually just let me get on the ride too without charging me for it. You know, so that I can supervise her and all.
On the carousel. Another off-center photo.
And this wasn't taken at the park but I thought it was cute anyway. Since it's still so HOT, like in the 90's in our city, Grace has her sun umbrella here. There is no sunscreen to be found here but most ladies carry umbrellas around to protect their skin. (In this culture, lighter skin is considered beautiful. They have no idea why we foreigners would want to sunbathe.) Grace has totally embraced her sun umbrella lately.

4 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I love Chenglish. The best was Trinity's baby book!

Grace looks precious with those ferntails and her sunbrella. I love it that you guys get out and experience so much there. Give the girls a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...pictures...food for the grandmother's soul. Thank you, B.
I love you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Another grandmother appreciates the pictures, too. We will take pictures of you off-centered or otherwise. Note middle child, there are no pictures of second child.

ashley said...

I too noticed there were no pictures of Trinity, but I can let it slide this time! And that's coming from a firstborn! Grace looks so grown up and beautiful. And mom doesn't look so bad herself!!!