Thursday, February 24, 2011

Valentine's Day

  • Due to illness, we moved Valentine's Day this year to the 16th, and we had a little party to celebrate. Grace and I made valentines and a heart-shaped cake and some friends came over bearing goodies as well. That evening, Kevin grilled up some of his yummy lemon pepper chicken.
Here's the crew. Kevin was totally outnumbered this day. He's getting used to it. Grace was excited to make valentines for our guests. When I told her that in the States we often put candy with our valentines, she thought I was crazy. She thought I was even weirder when I told her we should tape some chocolate to the valentines, but she went along with it.
Our guests introduced Grace to conversation hearts. (Fun, but why didn't they taste as good as I remember from my childhood?!)
And these girls came bearing gifts from America!
Trinity has no idea what a big deal silly bandz are in America (are they still big or is that so 2010?) but this girl knows how to accessorize instinctively.
Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a pleasant surprise to find another post so soon! Thank you, precious daughter, for giving your father a beautiful gift this day in the form of pictures on your blog (as if they're just for me :-)). (Just realized my smiley face with the closed bracket makes me have a double chin--appropriate, but not flattering.) I love them. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Papa Jim

Anonymous said...

It was a nice surprise to see another entry this quickly. It is fun to see how you incorporate U.S. holidays in to your present culture. Nana