Wednesday, October 3, 2007

the half-finished photo shoot

It all started a few months ago when 2 friends and I talked about how we should all get pictures made in traditional Asian clothing for our upcoming wedding anniversaries. Granted, Kevin and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in July, but due to several schedule changes we put it off until this week! Well, this week also happens to coincide with a national holiday around these parts, so the photo place was quadruple-booked. By the time we got through the red tape, found traditional Asian clothing big enough for our western bodies, waited on tons and tons of other families in line, etc, it was nearing lunch time and Grace's subsequent nap time. We tried to stretch her out, but she got overwhelmed with the myriads of folks getting in her face. Ummm, it was, well, a fiasco. We got half the pictures made and had already paid-in-full, so we will be returning whenever we get our nerve up to go again. Whew! Since we didn't finish taking all our photos, I came home and shot a few myself later...(sorry, Kevin and I had to leave our traditional costumes at the photo shop, but here are some photos of Grace in a traditional qipao that I found in Hong Kong and also in a fun green dress sent by Aunt Jeanette.)



2 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I am always tickled to find a new post on your blog! I want to stick Grace in my pocket and carry her around with me all day long. She is so stinking cute. You MUST go complete your photo shoot as nothing in the world would make me happier than seeing Kevin Godin in the traditional Eastern attire! Nothing. Go back tomorrow. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Can't wait to see these photos!