Saturday, May 17, 2008

all-you-can-eat, Asian style

In this country, Pizza Hut is a fancy, sit-down restaurant. And the pizza's considered very expensive. The salad bar IS expensive, something like $5 US for one-trip. So, being the frugal people that they are, the locals like to make that one trip COUNT. We've gone to eat at Pizza Hut before, ordered, eaten our food, and left in less time than it takes for some folks to make their salad. But it's a big responsibility, because that one salad will usually feed 5 or 6 adults sitting at the table.

So the other day, we saw a guy doing a great job with his salad. Seeing as how we didn't have our camera again, Kevin asked the waiter to take a picture on his camera phone and e-mail the photo to us. And he did! Not only did he e-mail the picture, but he also included a photo of the biggest, baddest salad I've ever seen to date. (see third picture below!)

The cucumbers make a great "outer wall" so that you can fill the inside of the bowl with other fixin's.

So, are you up for the Pizza Hut salad bar challenge?

10 comments:

kristen lewis said...

That is truly amazing. I think I may feel a trip to Pizza Hut in my near future- the competitive side of me needs nurturing!

Anonymous said...

Gram and I are truly amazed also!!!
Love,
Granna

The Kilcoynes said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this photo! I had to confess my jealousness. I've never seen a salad that tall. This is truly amazing.

Anonymous said...

I will have to add to Tiffany's "WOW" It is hard to imagine a trip to Pizza Hut for only $5 WOW

daniel

Valerie said...

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time...

your old pal Valerie from T-Town

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how many times I've thought of taking pictures - but these beat any i've ever seen! way to go, being resourceful and putting the waiters to work taking pics for you! :)

Anonymous said...

wow! wow! & wow!
so... have you started taking lessons in salad building 101 yet?
heard you can sign up at your local pizza hut... ;)
jd2

Anonymous said...

We just can't compete. I am in awe.

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to sign that last one.

Kimmmie Kay