Friday, May 16, 2008

metamorphasis

You know you've lived in Asia long enough when you start to crave Asian food. Well, yesterday we went out for Kevin's birthday lunch (he turned 33!) and he decided he wanted Japanese food - sushi none the less! 10 years ago, never in my wildest dreams would I imagine my husband would want to eat sushi on his birthday! I mean, we used to make fun of our Californian friends here for enjoying that kind of stuff. But it was delicious, I have to say. Of course, that night we went out for the obligatory steak meal as well (yes, we have a new steakhouse here). It was no Outback, but ok for steak in Asia. And, to top it all off, Kevin decided to shave his head once again. Something about his birthday seems to get him ready for his "summer look." (Shout out to Josh C, maybe I'll post a picture soon.) Happy Birthday, Kevin! And to my brother, Chad, who turned the big 3-0 this week!

4 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We love you!!!

Jim Gerlt said...

Happy Birthday, Kevin! I'm sticking a note in your bedroom here that we owe you and birthday steak dinner here in September! We love you, son! (in-law)

Anonymous said...

wow...sushi on your bday? did you turn in your passport too? What's up with that?!?! You guys were supposed to be my food buddies! Well, I'll try to overlook it for the sake of our friendship...

happy birthday kevin! And biji, I loved your mothers day pics - crazy how fast a year goes! but you look fab as always!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Kevin! You should start a Facebook group: Texans who eat sushi on their birthday.