Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

We want to wish Happy Mother's Day to our wonderful moms (aka Nana and Granna), and to all you mothers and mothers-in-waiting (JD!) out there as well. Kevin and Grace made this a very special day for me. Among other things, getting to hear Grace say "happy mudder's day" for the first time (Kevin taught her) and going out for a relaxing pedicure were really fun.

I think more than anything, Mother's Day and Father's Day remind us of how He worked a few years ago to answer our prayer for a child. While we were in the midst of dealing with infertility, I dreaded Mother's Day. Couldn't stand the holiday (except that we got to honor our own mothers, of course). Now, for us, it really is a day of celebration. Psalm 113:9 "He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord."

I think we've started a new tradition on Mother's Day. My beloved husband is not a fan of picture-taking, but on Mother's Day, he will play along. So, being the ever-persistent (or annoying) mother who feels the need to document just about everything in photos, we walked over to the park today to take a few.


Last year, on Mother's Day 2007:


And this year, we tried to recreate the same shot. Ha ha, didn't turn out at all! My child is way too big to throw up in the air now!









5 comments:

Patricia & Pat Godin said...

Happy Mother's Day Brigitte. Grace may be too big to throw up in the air but she makes a great arm full to hug. I wish I could hug all of you but feel blessed you are doing what you are.
Mom Godin

kristen lewis said...

Oh, Brig. These pictures are beautiful. You look so happy. Our Father truly is faithful to give us the desires of our heart. Have I mentioned how beautiful you look? Not at all like a frumpy "m." I love you. Happy Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful new tradition!!!
love, love, love the family shot!

p.s. you need to plaster Grace's picture on a Huggies package - 'cause she looks just like a model baby!

love!
~jdavis2

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good mother's day. Ours started well, but then got chaotic. Hubs promised a make-up mothers day...but based on our schedule I think that might happen in a month or so!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that Grace has the same dress that my girls wore for Easter! TOO FUN! It's a small world! :)