Monday, May 5, 2008

this and that

I should know by now. ALWAYS keep my camera handy because you never know when you're going to see something funny that you want to post about. I can't tell you how many times I've been walking or riding around and thought, "Oh that's funny/gross/incredible/unbelievable" and wished I had a picture. For the longest time now, I've wanted to get a picture of a slaughtered animal strapped to the back of a motorcycle because we do see that from time to time. On Friday, I saw not one but TWO separate pigs hanging off the back of motorcycles. Since I didn't have my camera, let me give you a few mental pictures: pig slaughtered, cut in half, innards discarded but flesh and legs dangling and flailing in the wind. It's quite a sight. Friday I also had a funny incident with my helper. Some kind friends recently moved and left us with some Clorox Disinfecting Wipes that someone had mailed them from America. I haven't said anything about them to my helper because she doesn't generally work outside of "the box." I mean, brown rice rocks her world. Why would anyone eat something besides white rice? Anyway, the other day Grace came in holding one and was trying to wipe a "boo boo" on her skin. My helper thought they were simply baby wipes and had given her one! I explained to her their true purpose, but really, who can blame her? They sure looked like baby wipes. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Oh, I do love your style of living! My all time favorite Chinese "proverb" is "Are you still asking why?" I miss you, my friend!

Patricia & Pat Godin said...

I must say you handle your challenging world with calmness and lack of judgment. That is just the way things are there.

Mom Godin

Erin said...

I gotta say, I think I'm glad you didn't have your camera for that one!
You really are amazing!

Anonymous said...

It took years for us to get our "pig on a motorcycle" photo. In our photos though, the pigs are always alive.